2017 will be the year of the Church.
Not church, as we know it. Not a status quo, comfortable opinion but church as God wants to reveal it. It will take time seeking God for a deeper revelation about His church. He will require us to think different. He will require whole new paradigms.
Psalm 75:7 says, “It is God who judges: He brings one down, he exalts another.”
God is putting things in order, setting people in places. 1 Peter 5:6 is the key to accessing your possession for humility is the requirement for taking your place in God. When people fail to take their place there will be judgments and blame, but the very judgment that comes out of our mouth will be our own judgment. We have a determination to make ourselves right and others wrong. This is not humility. Humility demands graciousness, kindness, mercy, tenderness, brotherly affection, and compassion.
- Quit being rude and calling it bold.
- Quit being insecure and calling it meek.
When people miss their promotion they will blame others; God, pastors, prophets, the church, and anything or anyone, in a constant attempt to not humble themselves and repent.
Quit trying to fix with faith what only humility and repentance will fix.
This year, 2017, will be the year of SUDDENLY.
Suddenly God will move in your family, finances, health, friendships, and ministry. This move that appears suddenly will be because of commitments to foundations. The year will require foundations.
There are 5 primary foundations that will become critical for the year of 2017. Without them your “suddenly” will more than likely miscarry.
- When I say character I do not mean a legalistic and religious adherence to a bunch of rules. I mean a love walk full of humility and kindness to others, and a life governed by the fear of the Lord. The foundation of character will require Jesus as your first love. One of the cores of this character foundation will be tithing and giving. In 2017 many will underestimate the power of the tithe and by doing so, will sow the seeds of their own destruction.
- Luke 18:1 says that men should always pray and not lose heart. Weakness of heart is weakness in prayer. You cannot have a strong heart and a weak prayer life. This foundation does not mean hours and hours of talking to God. It means building a relationship where you not only come boldly into His presence to speak His word, but you also come to listen. I heard the Lord say, “Build it in prayer first.”
Faith and Power
- Luke 11:21-22 says, “the stronger man comes on the strong man.” If we are going to be people of action in 2017, those who take initiative, the fearless and the creative, we must do so because we are the “stronger” filled with power and faith.
- Genesis 13:5 tells the story of Lot leaving Abraham, because their flocks were too large for the land to support. The next time Abraham finds Lot, he doesn’t have any flocks and Abraham has to save Lots life from the judgments of Sodom. Lot thought his success came from himself. He had no idea that his success flowed from his covenant relationship with Abraham. Many, through humility, will be able to see the divine relationships that cause life to flow and fruit to come in abundance. In 2017, some blinded by pride will pull away from the relationships that fed life and brought their success.
- 2 Timothy 4:3 says to “endure sound doctrine.” Sound doctrine is not an easy endeavor, because it requires diligent study to secure it in our lives. Those, driven by the desire of acceptance and approval or the fear of offending others, will compromise foundational truth and cause their life to be riveted with instability. Marriage, money, children, friendships, health, ministry, and many other areas of life; for some, will become unstable and their attempt to fix it with knowledge and their own strength will wear them out. What they will fail to see is that the source of this instability came when they drifted from sound doctrine.
Isaiah 48:3 says, “I have declared the former things from the beginning; and they went forth out of my mouth, and I shewed them; I did them suddenly, and they came to pass.”
There is a grace being given to us. The humble will receive it. This will be a grace to draw upon the strength of all 5 foundations, and cause sudden manifestation of great fruit for God’s glory.
- Pastor Don Blevins